Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Personal Peter Breinholt Concert

Every month, Duffy's preschool has a little field trip. This month, instead of going somewhere, Peter Breinholt came, so we ended up having our own little concert. How cool is that? Peter played different music for them and talked about how some songs make us happy or sad or scared or peaceful, etc.. Megan kept saying, "Hey, Mom, we have that song."
*
This song clearly made them want to dance.
And this song was a nice quiet peaceful one to put them all to sleep. They played along nicely.
He let them play some percussion instruments along with him so they could be part of the band, and they got to write a song together and record it on the computer.
We were all clearly enjoying ourselves.
He let all of the kids take a turn strumming his guitar. He also played his ukelele and banjo so they could hear how different they each sounded. He did a great job keeping the kids engaged and interested. They had a great time, and frankly, so did I. (My Peter "petered" out at the end, but he was overdue for a nap so I can't hold that against him.) Now, that's my kind of field trip!
*All photo credits go to Michelle who took photos for me while I held my Peter. (Don't want any confusion on which Peter I was holding.)

3 comments:

KimberlyD said...

Your preschool has serious connections! Sadly, I haven't made it to a Peter Breinholt concert in a couple of years. My goal is to take the kids to his Summer concert this year.

Marsh Mayhem said...

I'm so jealous. Charlie wouldn't let me go... I got kicked out!

Thierry said...

Thats awesome!
So which preschool is this? Is it out of someones home? How did you find it? I am trying to find a preschool for Hayden and not completely satisfied with anything yet.