Friday, January 1, 2010

Nine Months Old and A new 'do For A New Year

My little guy is 9 months old! All I know is that this 9 months went way faster than the previous nine. I generally make a point to take a picture of my babies on their "month" birthday, but realized last night that I hadn't yet. So, I tried to snap a quick photo at bedtime, but Peter was less than cooperative. So I was pleasantly surprised when I went to download photos, to find that Amelia (yep, my 5 year old - the budding photographer,) had taken several pictures of Peter earlier in the day. Here's a sampling.

Yes, apparently she had just climbed into the crib with him to keep him happy.
So, here are the statistics.
Height: 27.5 inches (25%)
Weight: 16.1 lbs. (with a wet diaper - 1% -maybe)
Seriously? A whopping 16 pounds at nine months! That's not good. I just wish I could get this kid to eat more. The doctor thinks it is just a calorie issue, but took some blood for tests just in case. In the meantime, I may just start feeding him milkshakes, I know he'll eat those!
He is definitely crawling and getting into more things. (Fortunately, he hasn't quite figured out that he can go from room to room, yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.) He loves to play with and watch the older kids, and still HATES to be left alone in a room. He is fascinated by the dog and looks for him every time he barks. His face just lights up anytime any of us walk into the room, and he loves to bang things together to make noise. He is just such a sweet little baby. I hope he stays that way!

Another New 'Do

I don't know why it is, but Amelia is always asking to get her hair cut. I don't know if she is just trying to stand out because she is the middle of 3 girls, or if she likes the attention, or what. (She just sits in the chair with a huge smile on her face the whole time.) Anyway, she's been asking, so I finally said sure. It will only help to make my mornings that much easier. Here's the before:
And here's the after:
(I had to take her back a couple of days later to get it evened out, but I do think it is really cute on her - and so much faster to brush out, with fewer tears and less whining. A win all the way around.)

1 comment:

Marti said...

I love, love, love those pictures from Amelia's point of view! I always think it's fun to see the pictures my kids take!

I think my little Ry is only about 16 pounds, too. But he seems happy and active, so I haven't been too worried.

And that haircut is super cute. I loved it when Ab wanted short hair-easy for me. Now she wants to grow it out again.