Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Let It Be Known....

Okay, Michelle, I am going to take your challenge and try to post a "photo of the day". (I really hope I can keep this up for more than 3 days.) Since I had planned on starting this challenge Sunday or at least yesterday, I will have to start with my photo from the weekend.

Unfortunately, this is a little humiliating for me, but its real life, so, oh well. On Saturday, I drove up to Brighton to drop Amelia off for her ski lesson. Already, this is a rather difficult undertaking. (Really a pet peeve I have with the whole ski school system.) There is never anyplace to park - within easy walking distance. It might not be that bad if it were just me dropping off Amelia, or if I were planning to stay, but since I also have a 3 year old and a 9 month old and the skis, and Amelia walking in ski boots etc.., easy walking distance becomes very important. So as I have been known to do before, I parked probably somewhere I wasn't really supposed to. (However, there were a few other cars there as well.) So leaving the younger kids in the car, I ran Amelia up to the lift where Shawn (also breaking the rules by leaving his class) came to get her and drop her off at her class. Then I came back to the car and attempted to leave. Umm, not so much. Instead, I managed to get the suburban (yes, the suburban) stuck. (Seriously, who manages to get a suburban stuck in the snow? Oh yeah, me.) Anyway, I finally found some help in the lift maintenance shed. When I told the guy I was stuck he said, "well let's go take a look," kind of like he didn't believe me. When he saw the car he just said, "Oh yeah, we're going to need a truck." And yep, that's what it took. Someone to dig my front tires out and two guys in a truck to pull the car out. Humiliating. This picture was taken after they had dug around my tires.I was tempted to take pictures of the whole event but I was already pretty embarrassed so I didn't. But I was really glad to drive away. In fact, if there are any volunteers, Amelia needs a ride to Brighton next Saturday. (In keeping with my attitude of gratitude, I am very thankful for the fine gentlemen at Brighton Ski Resort that helped me get my car unstuck without laughing at me -too much.)

And since I'm on a roll of admitting my shortcomings, these following pictures are a prime example of my wonderful mothering skills. This poor child put himself to sleep while I was changing the laundry. I don't know if I just didn't hear him crying or if he (hopefully,) just put his head down and fell asleep.
All of my kids hit this particular phase at one time or another. A few weeks back, he learned how to sit himself up from lying down. However, he has not yet developed the skill set to lay himself down. This always translates to less sleeping during the night for us. (With my other kids this phase has also hit when they first learn to roll over, or when they first pull themselves up to standing but don't know how to get back down.) So, of course, whenever Peter wakes up at night, he sits himself up and then cries because he is still very tired but doesn't know what to do about it. Anyway, I felt so bad when I saw him folded over like this - sound asleep. I'm pretty sure this would never have happened with Jonas. I do wish that I were that flexible, though.

3 comments:

Marti said...

David does the whole sits up during the night and then doesn't know how to lay back down thing. It's weird, right? How long does that last?

Melissa said...

Too long.

kristen @ just-iced cookies said...

UGH!! That happened to me 2 winters ago. Brighton seriously needs a parking lot just for the ski school. It's just ridiculous, I tell you.