Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Living in a Forest

Since I'm too tired to come up with a new photo of the day today, here's one in tribute to the old homestead. This was the year some of my brother's friends Christmas "treed" our yard. We went to bed with only a snow-filled yard and woke up in a forest. It's been a long time since we've had enough snow to be able to pull off a prank like this. Plus, there aren't nearly as many real trees put out after Christmas anymore. I guess that's the purpose of taking pictures - to keep memories alive.

3 comments:

KimberlyD said...

What a fun prank!

kristen @ just-iced cookies said...

my dad used to have a cadillac like that. such a cool house!

in regards to the icing recipe, I decorate with royal icing. Here's a website that I get a lot of ideas/tips from:

http://www.sweetopia.net/2009/09/how-to-decorate-cookies-with-royal-icing-top-10-tips/

There are a million different recipes for royal icing, I also like Peggy Porschen's the best if you want me to email it to you: I just need your email address! Mine is discotetris11 at gmail dot com :)

Sum & Ben said...

Melissa... I remember that!! That was sooo funny!! So fun to see this picture! -Summer Clark Smith:)