Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Photo of the Day

Another cold, dreary January day. Nothing to lift your spirits like discovering that your childhood home has a For Sale sign in the yard. Really, when it was just talk, that was one thing, but the sign makes it real. Too real. It makes me sad. I'm excited for my parents to have their new place, but I am so sad to see it go. I am sad for me (and for my parents and siblings.)
One day soon we will only be able to drive by and say,"that's the house that I grew up in." I better start storing up my memories.

4 comments:

Julie said...

I remember when my parents sold my childhood home - TRAUMATIC - but now that they've been in St. George for a few years, we couldn't be happier for a great place to visit :-). Wait!! Aren't your parents already in SG?

Rachelle said...

I'd love to see the book you made!!

Tom said...

I went through this about 10 years ago. It was mildly traumatic, but the occasional drive by seems to satisfy the nostalgia. Someday I'll go knock at the door with my kids and make them endure all my "when I was young" stories. Until then...

Marti said...

Oh sad. I drove by it the other day and noticed the sign.