Thursday, March 18, 2010

Trying to Be Brave

It was time for Amelia's blood tests today. We've been doing this for almost 6 years, but when we walk in there, I never know what we're going to get. There have been times when she walks in, sits down and holds out her arm, without fussing and making a peep. And there are times where she gets nervous and scared and has a few tears. (Still far better than the days when they would have to bring in 2 or 3 people to help hold her down while she screamed bloody murder, which brought several more people just to see what was going on.) Today wasn't too hard. I feel so bad for her. At the age of 5 she has had far more blood tests than I have in my lifetime. But she handles it well and I am grateful that a few blood tests and some medication keep her healthy.And now Shawn and I are trying to be brave. The refrigerator and freezer quit on us. So emptying the freezer was like throwing dollar bills into the trash. And when the repairman gave us the total bid, it was one of those where you say, (gulp)"I'm sorry, how much was that again? And how much would a new refrigerator cost us?" And I don't even want to know how many dollars I just tossed in the trash with all the spoiled food. Unfortunately (or maybe it's fortunately), Shawn just put the hotel room for our trip to Hawaii on the card last night. (And apparently, had we just vacuumed the coils somewhat recently, we could have prevented the problem in the first place!) Argh! I hate these unexpected monstrous expenses!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

So much for being lucky. :) You are lucky that you didn't go to Gateway today though...it was so overcrowded I'm guessing the shot visit was more relaxing.