Monday, March 8, 2010

A Bowl Full of Scrumptiousness

That's the consensus anyway. This is actually our Family Home Evening Treat, but all the kids wanted to try one when they got home from school. They are actually cinnamon-sugar covered soft pretzels. Now I just have to keep their hands off of them for a couple more hours.
I got the recipe for the pretzels here. Obviously, I rolled them into balls and instead of brushing on the egg and sprinkling on kosher salt, I brushed the baked pretzels with butter and then rolled them in cinnamon sugar. And since I used wheat flour and threw in a good deal of wheat germ, I don't feel too bad about letting them eat a couple.
You have no idea how rare it is to find something that EVERYONE likes - even in the dessert category. (Honestly, I have some that don't like homemade chocolate chip cookies or brownies. I'm not sure how that happened.) From the oldest to the baby, this treat is a hit.

2 comments:

Marsh Mayhem said...

Those look delicious ... I'm impressed!!

Jodi said...

Those look and sound good! I wore my flip flops in honor of your girls today. Bring on Spring!