Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The School Play

Samantha finished up her school play tonight. She was an Oompa Loompa and a Candy Kid in Willy Wonka Jr. She loves that sort of thing. (She definitely got the performing gene from Shawn.) The kids all did a great job and you could tell they had fun.I, on the other hand, am just glad to have all of the early morning practices over with.

On a side note, my friend Eliza, had an impromptu lunch today. (Sadly, I didn't think to take my camera with me.) It was so fun to catch up with old friends who I don't get to see very often. And Eliza even made me a lovely birthday dessert. I am grateful for good friends.

2 comments:

Marti said...

She must go to the same school as my nieces and nephews...they were in that play tonight and my mother-in-law took Abby and Thomas to see it. They loved it! Especially the Ooompa Loompa song. :-)

KimberlyD said...

I was so sad to miss the play. I taught last night and had a student book recital tonight. Maren loved it and wants to be in the play next year. Samantha has inspired her.