Monday, March 15, 2010

An Evening at the Zoo

I had told the kids that I would take them to the zoo last Friday, but then Shawn called to see if I wanted to go on a bike ride that day, which I did, so we promised a trip to the zoo today. They were all so excited to go. (I think we our suffering from a bit of cabin fever here.) We slipped in the gates just before closing at 5:00 and then pretty much had the place to ourselves until the zoo closed at 6:30. It was really nice!One of the first things we saw was this peacock with his feathers on display. None of the peahens were around so I guess he was just trying to impress us.




The monkeys also kept us well entertained for a long time. One was playing games with Shawn that had us all laughing. ( I don't know why I didn't get photos.)
Peter was fascinated with the animals but also very apprehensive about anything that moved in his direction. There were tears a couple of times, but they didn't last long. He liked the monkeys, too.

Something to remember for the future: early season, late in the day, enjoyment for all.

No comments: