Wednesday, March 3, 2010

At The End Of My Rope

This is how I'm feeling about the illness that's been invading our home for 4 straight weeks now. My 3 youngest have literally been coughing, sneezing and dripping for 4 straight weeks with everyone else just a week or 2 behind them. I know this is a pretty picture, but this poor kid wakes up every morning with a snot encrusted nose (and we're lucky if it's just contained to his nose.) This is after I did an initial nose wipe. At this point, every morning I just put him in the bath or shower to soften it all up, because it hurts him too much to be more aggressive.
I am so tired of all the coughing, and no one ever getting better. I decided to be like the IOC President and declare The Stringham Family Season of Sickness for 2010 closed. (cough, cough) But then I went to bed with a migraine and an earache and both Peter and Amelia's coughs sounded worse this morning so either, 1) the flame of sickness does not extinguish as quickly as an Olympic flame, or 2) I don't actually have enough authority to declare the Season of Sickness closed. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope for the first.

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

Oh Melissa, that picture is gross!! Best of luck getting everyone better!

Michelle said...

Next year's slideshow is definitely going to have a healthy dose of real life. Yuck. And Amen.

Marti said...

Oh MAN! I know how you are feeling. I don't want to jinx myself, but I think we are FINALLY over 'those' noses.

Keersten said...

Oh that is no fun! I hope you guys get better so soon!