Monday, March 1, 2010

11 Months Old

Wow. 11 months. Time is flying by! In just one short month, my little guy will be one! With those big blue eyes and that happy smile, he is a ray of sunshine.He has had a terrible cold for going on 4 weeks, but still remains generally happy. He still has 6 teeth, and his hair is filling in a little bit. Some days it seems really dark, and some days a little bit light.
He is definitely busy, getting into everything that he can reach. And he's moving fast. I only have to turn my back for a second and he is gone. As soon as I can't find him, I go running for the stairs first. Far too many times I have found him perched at the top of the staircase figuring out what his next move should be. Still loves banging things together to make noise, and enjoys knocking down towers that we help him build. Definitely loves to put things in and out of boxes, baskets, etc... Loves to play with his siblings.
And always desperate to get outside anytime the door is open.
He walks along things, but isn't quite brave enough to stand on his own without holding on. As soon as he realizes he is, he drops to the floor. He is definitely aware of everything and everyone around him and understands the whole "leaving" thing, as in, when I open the front door, to go out, he will burst into tears because he doesn't want to be left behind.
Physically, he has really been growing. I think he is almost 18 pounds, which is a big jump from his 9 month weight. (Once we gave up on baby food and went to real food with my skim milk as only a supplement, he has taken off.) His little cheeks and thighs are definitely filling out.
He watches us all very intently, especially when we are talking to him. He stares right at my mouth and seems to be taking in how the whole talking thing works. So far he is just a pretty content little boy. I keep my fingers crossed that he will stay that way!

No comments: