Monday, May 24, 2010

Some Weekend Photos

There is always a stage with each of my kids where their curiosity is rather, well, destructive. I was really glad that the toilet paper roll was almost empty when Peter discovered the joy of spinning it and watching it come undone. Now I have to watch him like a hawk and keep him from doing it with the new roll. But first, I have to go put all of the DVDs back on the shelf.
Amelia and her friend Hallee played "pioneers" - (inspired by a primary activity.) I just wish I had gotten pictures of them pretending to milk the cows and shooting at buffalo with a bow and arrow.

And finally, I always need these little visual reminders of times when my kids are playing together happily.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Yes, the destructive phase. We're there too, and it often centers around the bathroom. Emma has figured out how to open the toilet lid and toss things in. This is especially problematic when her big brother likes to do things in there and then not flush. One of my bracelets just went through the dishwasher. :)

Unknown said...

Well, Eli hasn't figured out how to open the toilet lid yet, but we have the same problem with the toilet paper. Tonight I finally wised up and turned the roll around so when he spins, it winds back up.

Well, it worked for a little bit. Then I took the whole roll off all together. Good luck!

-Margaret