Monday, May 17, 2010

Just One of Those Days...

1 yelling, screaming, whining tantrum that lasted at least half a mile on the walk back from dropping Samantha off at school, 1 full cup of milk spilled on the living room carpet and the resulting crying over said spilled milk (I won't even go into how many times I have told the kids to not take their food out of the kitchen), 6 suitcases exploded all over my bedroom, 2 boxes of cereal dumped on the kitchen floor along with several gold fish crackers, 1 cupboard emptied of all of its tupperware contents onto the kitchen floor, 2 toy cupboards emptied all over the family room in the basement, several laundry piles, and all of this before 11:00 am. It was just too much to deal with. We needed to get out of the house, so I took the kids to the zoo. (Yes, this did mean leaving the mess behind to be dealt with later, but it really was the better choice for all involved.)
Waiting for the bird show to start.
Peter dancing to the music.
Enjoying some cotton candy.
Amelia on the elephant.

I didn't accomplish anything that I had planned to, but hopefully I accomplished something better. The "Miss Hannigan" in me was threatening to come out if we stayed home much longer.
On a side note, the St. George triathlon was a lot of fun. We went down with a big group of friends, which I think helped to take some of the pressure off. I ended up doing much better than I had expected to, which means that I may do another. (Everytime I do one, I swear it will be my last, but I felt really good this time, so no declarations of being finished just yet.) I really like being able to do races with Shawn, but training and racing is really hard to do with both of us. There are 5 kids to be looked after, after all. Thanks to my parents and the Boyden girls for helping out with that during the weekend.

The whole gang: Josh, Katie and Rob Boyden, Chad Dunford, Thierry and Ryan Robinson, Keith Jensen, Shawn and Me
Hopefully, Shawn will post more about this later.

1 comment:

Thierry said...

looks like a fun day! much more fun than ours... you are such a good mom.
And I was so impressed with you in St. George. Not only did you do awesome at the tri, but you did it with all 5 of your kids down there... amazing! You are inspiring.