Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day Activity

Sunday afternoon, we walked over to Wasatch Lawn Cemetery to meet Grandma Cathy and help put some flowers on family gravestones. The kids helped trim the grass around the edges and chose which color flowers to put on each gravestone. Cathy told them a little bit about each of the ancestors that were buried there. (11 - with the family coming originally from Sweden)
Then we went to find my Grandma Backman and left flowers for her, too. (The kids and Shawn also came across a geo cache box and now we are all excited to search for more of those!) Everyone was worn out after that so we didn't go visit my Aunt Linda, but we wished her a happy dirt nap, nonetheless. (Her words, not mine.) Happy Memorial Day to all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had Cathy as my 4th grade school teacher at Plymouth. We kept in touch for years! I think about her often. The last time I spoke to her she had just returned from a honeymoon in Europe. I've lost track of her and was hoping you'd pass the word along that I'd love to visit with her. I don't have Facebook. She could contact me through email or phone. My cell is 801 828-8823. Or I'd be happy to contact her if she wouldn't mind.

By the way, your blog is Fun! Carolyn Van Ry Williams