Thursday, May 20, 2010

Duffy's Last Day of School

I don't know what Duffy is going to say to me every morning when she gets up. Before today, it has always been, "Do I go to school today?" She was always pretty excited when it was, in fact, a school day.
Today, was the last day for the year. Mandy had a little party at Olympus Hills Park. All the kids played on the equipment, ran around, ate cookies and had capri-suns. They also released their butterflies.

All the kids are gathered around trying to get a look at the butterflies, or even better, get one to climb on their fingers before flying off.

Pretty exciting stuff.

Duffy and Amelia hanging out on the bridge. (I swear I combed her hair before we left, and even put a clip in. I wonder why I try?)

Peter playing peek-a-boo with me through the back of the bench.

A double slide for double the fun. (And less time waiting your turn.)

Megan, with her cute teacher, Mandy. We are going to miss her!

Most of the class - Ella had to leave early and of course, Charlie moved away a few weeks back.
(Caroline, Ashley, Will, Ainsley, Duffy, Cougar, Garrett, and Mandy and Lulu in back.)

A big thanks to Mandy for all of her hard work and all of the fun stuff she did. I don't know where I would be without pre-school teachers. That's a job that I just wasn't made for, but she is fabulous!

No comments: