Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful mothers in my life. But especially to my own mom, who I grow to appreciate more and more everyday that I am a mother. (Thanks for putting up with me, Mom.)

And to Shawn's Mom for rearing Shawn to be the wonderful person that he is.

I feel blessed to have these 2 as grandmothers to my children.

And also thanks to all of the little people who made me a mother.
I have had a great Mother's Day in spite of my general dislike for the holiday. Shawn didn't have any meetings this morning and so I didn't have to get everyone ready by myself. That was awesome! My kids couldn't wait to give me their presents.

The primary put together these cute little purses to give the moms. They say, "the nice thing about my love...."
When I opened them, up popped a little version of each of my kids, with the words, "...you can take it wherever you go!" Love them.
I ended up getting a new phone, (an iphone, even!) since I've been without since Peter got a hold of mine last week and killed it. (Who knew I used texting so much to communicate with Shawn?! I have felt cut off from the world.) Lucky Shawn, he got an iphone for Mother's Day, too. Even the kids got a new phone to use in those rare circumstances where we drop them off and want to be in contact. I'd say we're all pretty happy.
Now the kids are making cookies, and I haven't had to pick anything up all day, thanks to Shawn. I also got one more present that I'll have to blog about once I figure out how to use it. Like I said, I've had a pretty good day!

No comments: