Sunday, May 2, 2010

Peter is Walking!

That's right, at 13 months and a day or two, he decided to walk. This afternoon, he just stood up and walked across the room, and then kept doing it, for fun. He has been taking a couple of steps between things, but that was it. I've thought he could do it, for a while - he just didn't want to. Of course, when I pulled out the camera and video camera to get footage, he only wanted to see what I was looking at on the camera and wouldn't get off my lap, so I couldn't get a photo. I'll keep trying for those of you who care. (Mom)

Since I didn't have a photo for today, I was looking at old pictures and came across these:
The first 2 are dated May 5, 2005. Apparently, the weather wasn't much better that year, although I'm thinking it was slightly warmer.
Jonas and Samantha
And this was last year - May 2, 2009. Shawn came home from this ride dripping and freezing cold.
I was actually looking for vindication that the weather is supposed to be much nicer and warmer this time of year. Instead, it looks like I just found confirmation that this is fairly typical. Aargh!!! Just more motivation to move to Arizona.

1 comment:

Marti said...

Big news! That's exciting. We're still waiting around here for any extensive walking action....