Monday, July 18, 2011

Sunday Night Treats

I don't know what it is about Sundays, but it always seems that we get a craving for cookies around here. (Actually, that's not new - it was the same way growing up. It seemed someone would usually make cookies or something "treaty" on Sunday nights.) I don't know if it's just the downtime that Sundays give us or what, but the sugar cravings hit like clockwork. Yesterday, Shawn and Amelia decided to make cookies, but I guess there was some difference of opinion on what type to make. So, they each made their own. Amelia went with funfetti cookies from a cake mix (perfect for the 7 year old crowd to make and eat.) And Shawn went with some chocolate- peanut butter -oat things to take care of his particular craving.
Personally, I enjoyed a few of each. Fortunately, Amelia decided to share some of hers with our friends, the Boydens, so it took some of the pressure off of me having to eat all of them. (Phew!)
She was very particular about her frosting plans/colors as well.
Now if only we could work on getting the kids a little more involved in the clean-up as well.

2 comments:

skinny said...

some chocolate- peanut butter -oat things = No Bake Cookies.

Sorry, I had a craving.

Rachel said...

I guess I know what night I should drop by from now on. What's the funfetti cookie recipe?