Monday, July 4, 2011

Silver Mocasin Scout Camp

Just because Shawn and I like to cause Jonas tremendous amounts of grief, we decided to send him to scout camp. Yep, his look says it all, he is not happy about going. (Actually this look doesn't nearly convey his true feelings.)This is a leadership training camp called Silver Moccasin. Shawn went as a scout and thought it was very beneficial, and I agreed. No one else in his troop was going, so we recruited his cousin, Robbie, to go along. I'm not sure what Shawn did to get Jonas to lose the scowl and sort of smile, but Robbie's smile (and enthusiasm) is real.
Man, it took a lot of convincing, talking, praying, etc. to get this kid there, but now that he is, I sure hope his attitude can improve enough for him to learn what he can while he's there.
Shawn said he walked off without even so much as a good-bye. Probably because he's so angry, but I'm going to hope it was because he's fine now that he's there.
And there may be just a tad bit of guilt involved since while Jonas is "suffering" all week at scout camp, Shawn and I will be in San Diego sans kids.

No comments: