Saturday, July 2, 2011

Jonas' Summer


Jonas has spent a lot of time this spring and summer hiking and camping in preparation for the scout's 50 mile hike at the end of July. Had I known this particular hike was going to involve crossing the raging river, I may have had second thoughts.OK, this part's not too bad, I guess.

In case you are wondering how Jonas feels about all of this hiking and camping, just look at the scowl on his face. (He still insists he's not going on the 50 miler, but Shawn and I still insist that he is.)
This river crossing makes me a little more nervous.
Happy Tanner, grumpy Jonas.
He does enjoy sleeping in his new bivvy. Just looking at it makes me claustrophobic. I could never sleep inside it. It's essentially a tent made just big enough to fit your sleeping bag in, with a mesh screen to go over your face. In all fairness, I think he does like camping, he's just decided he hates the hiking part. He would be happy if he could just apparate to a campsite - Harry Potter style.
I still think a bit of being in nature is good for the soul no matter what he thinks.
And it's beautiful, too.

No comments: