Thursday, July 28, 2011

Our Last Meet!!!!

So, I'm kind of ready to be done with swimming this year. Fortunately for me, last night was the end. (Other than an awards banquet coming up a little later.) It was the High Point meet - the last meet held for all non-conference swimmers. (Should I feel bad that my kids don't swim fast enough to go to conference? Because I don't. I'm actually relieved to be done. I suppose you can add that to my good mothering score card.) Anyway, after the meet they had an award ceremony and gave all of the kids medals.

Samantha walking up.
Samantha's coach was Sarah.


Amelia's turn to shake hands with Tommy. (Head coach)
Her coach was Angela (on the left.)

Amelia and Ellie side by side.
My swimmers - complete with cupcake mustaches. (Medals weren't enough. They also got enormous cupcakes to munch on.)
This is the coaching staff at the Tennis Club this year. (Plus Tommy's dad there on the left.) I have to say that the Tennis Club has really great coaches and instructors.
(L to R: Tom Thorum, Angela, Sarah, Nick (behind), Matt, Claire, Tommy

And of course, we tried to get a picture of the girl cousins together.
Sometimes, do you wonder why we try?

Anyway, one more day of swim lessons and then any trips to the pool after that will be just for fun. We can't wait!

No comments: