Friday, July 15, 2011

Ballet Camp

My girls were so excited for ballet camp this year since they have thoroughly enjoyed it previously. (Unfortunately, there wasn't a class for Samantha's age group this year and she was pretty upset.) Instead of going once a week for 5 weeks, Miss Natalie did her camp every day for 1 week. And instead of a garden party for the girls on the last day, they had a little performance in the yard of Miss Connie's house. (The grounds at this house - and yes, there really is no other word to use than grounds - yard just doesn't cut it - are absolutely beautiful.) Since Duffy's group was the first one of the day, there was a little set up time where they were just waiting, so I tried to get a couple shots of Duff and Ainsley.
Her performance ended up being moved to the basketball court because the grass was still so wet from the dew. The background was still beautiful. (And so were the dancers.)
One of the favorite parts of ballet camp is the costumes that they get to take home. Megan has spent a significant amount of time in her fairy costume.
Or maybe they're imps?
This girl knows how to pose for photos.
We came back later in the day for Amelia's and Ellie's performance. (Amelia was lucky enough to have 2 other friends in her class, too- Caroline and Romney. But somehow I missed getting pictures of them together.)
Amelia, Ellie and Miss Natalie's little girl.
It's so fun to have cousins to do things with.
Part of their performance was a maypole dance.



My girls with Miss Natalie.
As mentioned earlier, the house and gardens are beautiful. There is a little pathway behind some trees that the girls wanted to take me on. It's a fairy path. All along the way, you can find little fairy houses
and toadstools
and gnomes (these are favorites of my girls since watching Gnomeo and Juliette)
and little fairy chairs.
I just couldn't help thinking the whole time how much fun my girls would have playing back there. I could see them spending hours everyday searching for fairies or playing make believe. (I also thought I would have done the same if it were available to me.)
One day, I would love to be able to create a little path like this in my yard. (My list of projects is endless.) A perfect end to ballet camp.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow, you're a blogging machine. Nine posts in one day—and it would appear that you are all caught up, except this weekend at Bear Lake. I'm jealous.