Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Balloon Bouquet for Rob

Today is my brother, Rob's, birthday. Now ordinarily, my brothers' birthdays don't warrant a blog post. (As I'm sure will be pointed out to me by some of them.) But, if you recall, Rob gave me this lovely "pot" of flowers for my birthday, and so I felt like I needed to acknowledge his special day.So I took a few birthday balloons to his house, but no one would answer the door. (I know the kids were home.) I was a little concerned that they might float away, so I found something to tie them to so they would still be there waiting when he came home from work. Just a little balloon weight to hold them in place. It's a thing of beauty, isn't it?
Anyway, while I was there, I also saw that Rob maybe needs to do a little weed control in his front yard. He has these weird weeds popping up all over the place.

I went ahead and pulled all the dead ones that were lying around (because I'm just that kind of sister.) I guess if he's lucky, the heat will kill them all before the day is through and make the yard work a little easier.
Seriously, a balloon bouquet, and someone decorated his yard? This has got to be his best birthday ever.
Poor Peter got a little sweaty while I was moving that balloon weight around and tying balloons to it. But, he's all about celebrating Rob's birthday.
Happy Birthday Rob!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It was awesome. Not sure how we'll top that for Shawn's birthday...