Friday, July 1, 2011

Diving

Samantha begged me to sign her up for diving lessons, so I finally gave in and signed her up. Within a couple of days, Amelia was begging to do it, too. Samantha loved it until it was time to dive off the high dive and she ended up smacking her legs on the water. Then she just wanted to stick with the low dive. Amelia also loved it. She never made it to the diving off the high dive part, but she jumped off fearlessly.

I meant to take pictures all along and even brought the "big" camera one day just for that purpose, but of course, when it was time to take pictures, the memory card was all full. So, on the last day of the session, I found myself there with only my camera phone. Since it was the last day, the diving teacher let them play games. He put some treats at the end of the pole and had them try to jump out as far or as high as they could and try to grab it.

Samantha - strike 1. She finally caught one when they switched to the jumping high, as opposed to out, portion.
Amelia managed to hit the candy on her first try, but didn't quite grab it, but she was successful on her second try.

Amelia
Amelia's friend Hallee.
Samantha
Amelia
They thought it was great fun. I'm glad to have a little break since diving lessons meant at least an extra hour at the pool every day, but Amelia was upset when I told her that she wasn't going to diving next week, so we may be in for another session in a couple of weeks. (Maybe I'll remember the real camera and get some photos of actual dives and flips.)

No comments: