Thursday, June 10, 2010

Read-a-thon

As part of a very loose summer schedule, we have planned a weekly read-a-thon. (Mostly, I think, to guarantee a little down time for myself.) But the kids have been excited about it. Wednesdays seem to be a good day for it, because many of the swim meets are on Wednesdays and, all of the music and dance lessons also fall on Wednesday, so a little quiet time is in order. We made a trip to the library and to the store for some snacks and then we all settled in to read.


I was really looking forward to being able to sit down and read a little, ignoring the dirty dishes and the mess spread all around the house, but of course as soon as I opened my book, the phone rang. And then Peter woke up from his nap. (I let him fuss for a few minutes just so I could read a couple of pages.) I tried to keep reading but eventually gave up and went ahead and did the dishes. I'm not giving up hope yet. I'm going to keep trying at the weekly read-a-thon.