Sunday, June 6, 2010

Little Red Riding Hood and Super Dad

As of 11 am Friday, I was going to Bear Lake with the family for the weekend. By 1pm on Friday, Shawn had secured me a spot in the Little Red Riding Hood Bike Ride, made sure there was space in a hotel room for me and told me that it would be best for everyone if I went. (Apparently, all of this end of school craziness was making me a little cranky.) So, feeling a little guilty about missing out on the family weekend, but excited to do the bike ride, I packed up my stuff and left.
In the meantime, Shawn threw all the kids stuff into bags and went ahead and took them all to Bear Lake. (I don't know many dads that would be willing to travel with 5 kids all by themselves!) They all had a great time. It was kind of a "yes" trip for the kids. Pretty much whatever they asked for, they got. Swimming at the pool way past bedtime, ice cream, candy, fries and shakes, playing at the park and mini golf. (Most of the food items would have been vetoed had I been there, but Shawn was going for "Dad is great" votes. I'm pretty sure he got them.)
Swinging at the playground
Look at all these happy faces.


Experimenting with centrifugal force. (Not many of these around anymore.)
A little beach time. (Jonas has loved chasing birds for as long as I can remember.)
A little miniature golf.
And even a nest full of brand new baby birds to watch.
I guess after everything else, they still found a little time for tv watching. Can you see why this is one of our very favorite places to go?
And here I am with a few friends in Lewiston before the big ride.
Me and "Super Red" hanging out afterwards. It was so beautiful and so much fun. Nice open, flat roads, beautiful scenery, and weather. I definitely plan to do it again!

2 comments:

Keersten said...

Yay for mom time! Looks like it was great!

KimberlyD said...

You look a little sober in your picture next to Super Red...