Tuesday, June 8, 2010

More Haircuts

Geez. It sure seems like we have a lot of hair to deal with around here. I've been trying to get the older kids to go in for at least a trim (especially Samantha - shorter hair on that kid could add hours to my day!) And finally, much to my disbelief, Shawn offered them a little financial incentive. Samantha has been absolutely adamant about not wanting her hair cut, but once Shawn offered money, she was begging to go.

Here's "the mop" before. (Jonas has been working hard to earn some money so he was also anxious to get in for a hair cut.)
And, the after. I don't think all of his hair has been this short since he was a baby!
As anxious as I've been to have Samantha get a few inches cut off, I was really surprised at how sad I felt about it. She's always had at least waist length hair.
The beautiful (albeit uncombed) tresses before.
She went in wanting 10 inches off, but in the end couldn't quite do it and went with 8. That's still a huge hunk of hair. (And the minimum that can be donated - at least through Pantene Beautiful Lengths.) Since she was donating it, the haircut was free. (Who knew?) So that was a nice bonus.
Here's the after. I still miss the really long hair a little, but there are certainly fewer tangles and much less time involved !

No comments: