Sunday, June 20, 2010

Duffy Turns 4!/Father's Day

A couple weeks ago, Duffy told me that she wanted to stay 3 forever, and I was thrilled. But then her siblings kindly reminded her about presents and birthday cake and she decided that she would have a birthday and stay 4 forever instead. I wish I could stop time for a little while. They are just growing up way too fast. But since I can't, we went ahead and celebrated her birthday. And of course, that means that the cake boss was in the house.
The birthday girl, getting ready to open some presents.
Opening a present before church.
It was such a nice day, that after church, we moved her "party" outside.
Unfortunately, her castle cake suffered some structural failure by the time we got around to pictures. (The cake boss was pretty limited in resources with it being Sunday and not being prepared before hand.)

Fortunately, it didn't bother Duffy. She was just excited to blow out her star candles.
But guess who forgot to get ice-cream at the store? (Like I said, we weren't quite prepared.) We did have creamies, though. So that's what we ate with the cake.

Unfortunately for Shawn, Summer Solstice prep and a 4th birthday kind of trumped Father's Day. (I told him we would reschedule for another day.) But he did get to open his new race t-shirt quilt. I think it turned out really well.
And the whole family can fit on it, so that's where we spent the afternoon.
Happy 4th Birthday to my sweet Megan and Happy Father's Day to Shawn and my Dad! (And all of the other Fathers out there.)

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Did you make this quilt? Great idea.