Friday, June 18, 2010

Access Denied

The basement saga continues.... because our floor and drywall tested positive for asbestos, we had to have some rooms sealed off for removal. We haven't really been using any of the rooms downstairs anyway, other than to retrieve a couple items of clothing or something, so it didn't affect us much beyond what we are already dealing with.

You know, I'm all good with the vinyl floor tile that was glued down in 1959, testing positive for asbestos, but the drywall that we installed less than 7 years ago?! I'm pretty sure that the dangers of asbestos were well established by then, so why in the world would we still be building houses with it?! Someone please explain all this to me.
(When you all come over for Summer Solstice, I hope you will be kind enough to avert your eyes from all of the holes and spots in the lawn. We've kind of been dealing with some other stuff and I'm sure we'll get to lawn care later.)

No comments: