Friday, February 26, 2010

Winter Fun

For the past 3 weeks, I have been coughed on, sneezed on, wiped boogery noses, covered coughing mouths, cleaned out goopy and crusty eyes, rubbed vapor rub on feet, given soothing vapor baths, filled humidifiers, rubbed backs, administered medication, empathized, and listened to non-stop, incessant coughing. And for those first 3 weeks, I managed to stay well. (We're talking all 5 kids here - and Shawn, but he didn't require so much care from me.) So now, what do I get for all of this? Bronchitis -that's what. Now, who do you suppose is going to take care of me? The best part is, that all 5 kids are still coughing incessantly and have runny, drippy noses and just can't seem to recover. It's got to end eventually, right?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I feel your pain. On top of the strep, I've now picked up a lovely head cold from my kids. I'm so glad it's the weekend, but I guess Shawn's still teaching, so that doesn't really help you. Can I go on a smoothie run for you? Maybe I'll make my first attempt at homemade chicken noodle soup and bring you some. Hope you are all miraculously better soon.