Sunday, February 7, 2010

Cake Boss

Around here, come birthday time, Shawn is the cake boss. It is his job to decorate the kids' birthday cakes. They always tell him what they want and then he does his best to replicate it. Here he is hard at work on Samantha's cake.She requested one to look like this:
She drew a picture for Shawn and this is the result: a cake of Samantha's face, complete with braids and flower in her hair. It looks remarkably like the picture she drew, which unfortunately I didn't think to take a picture of.
Here's the masterpiece with flaming braids:
and the birthday girl blowing out the candles:
And now I think we are done celebrating. Thanks again Cake Boss!

3 comments:

Marsh Mayhem said...

I'm so sorry we didn't make it!! We were holed up at my parents during the showing and there wasn't any way I could get the kids away. Give that darling nine-year-old a hug from us!

Michelle said...

Shawn, my kids are no longer allowed to have birthday cake at your house—you're raising the bar WAY too high!

kristen @ just-iced cookies said...

i love the candles in the braids!! Happy Birthday!!