Saturday, February 13, 2010

Equipment Required

These are the shoes required for triathlon training. (I am quite fond of all of my shoes, but it seems a bit excessive, doesn't it?) As of today, there are 13 weeks to the St. George triathlon, and I find myself once again questioning why I signed up. Oh, that's right, its supposed to motivate me to work out. Maybe it's time to start thinking about training.It would sure be nice if I could wear these to race in. I could maybe get a respectable swim time. I'll have to settle for just wearing them while I swim laps.
And these, of course are for biking. I'm too much of a sissy to ride my bike outside right now, so I have to settle for the occasional spin class or maybe pull out the trainer. (Ugh.)

Next are the running shoes. (I just realized the Salt Lake half marathon is in April. If I'm going to run that I better get going.)
And now, more running shoes. These are to wear when I run on trails as opposed to the road (or the darn treadmill.)
And these shoes are just in case I decide to give up running shoes (or other shoes all together.)
Maybe next time I will address some of the other necessary equipment, ie. wetsuit, goggles, bike, helmet and appropriate apparel. Let the countdown to stress begin.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Did you buy the barefoot running shoes? Have you tried them yet?

kristen @ just-iced cookies said...

I'm on the fence right now for a sprint triathlon in May. I don't have any of that stuff, except the running shoes. This could be expensive. Good luck!!

KimberlyD said...

Ah, you bought the barefoot shoes. You'll have to let me know if it bugs you to have shoes that go in between your toes.

Keersten said...

You so rock, Melissa!

Anonymous said...

Those gray shoes are scary! How do they feel on??

Good Luck! You will do awesome!