Friday, February 5, 2010

A Day of Baking

It's been a busy day in the kitchen. First, zucchini bread, because it sounded good.Then Amelia cooked up some tortillas for lunch.
Then cupcakes for Samantha to take to her ski lesson tomorrow because it will be her birthday.
This would be the reason why I don't always let her help with the frosting.
And finally, crumb cake (made by Shawn), which Samantha requested for her birthday breakfast.
Homemade pizza was also on the list, but Samantha wanted to go out to eat to celebrate since we will be busy tomorrow night. So she and Shawn went on a special birthday date. And, still to come, is the actual birthday cake. Let me just say that all this time spent in the kitchen has done nothing for the cleanliness of the rest of my house!

1 comment:

KimberlyD said...

I love that the whole family participated in the baking. I can't believe that Amelia can handle the stove with out getting burned!