Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Tent

This tent was a gift that my mom gave us when Jonas was just little. It has served us well. All of my kids have loved (and most still do love) playing in it. It has been put away for a little while, but after seeing this amazing playhouse here, and some other options here, and wishing that I had one, but then realizing that I had neither the time nor the talents to make one of them for my children, I was reminded of "the tent", and got it out for Peter. (The girls were pretty excited to see it again, too. That's Duffy inside.)He has loved crawling in and out of the little doorways and having us join him or peek in and wave at him.
His favorite game at the moment is to take a little toy in with him, which he drops out of the door and waits for me to pick up and toss back in for him. At which point he crawls over and gets it and we repeat and repeat and repeat.
But anything that can keep him busy and out of trouble for at least a few minutes at a time is well worth it.

One of the best things about the tent is that it just pops up and then can be folded up and put away when I get tired of it taking up all the space. It gets set up inside and outside , upstairs and downstairs. Definitely a worthwhile investment for my mom. , as far as I am concerned.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

My kids still love it too. And it's so much easier to clean up than a fort they make with all the cushions on the couch. Thank you Ralph and Judy!

Rachel said...

That's awesome! We have a smaller version of the fold-up tent, but since Bundle isn't crawling yet I'm leaving it folded up behind the bookcase for now. I do LOVE pulling out old toys that the kids get excited about and actually play with for three days straight.