Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Deterrent

Definition: hindrance; something that interferes with or delays progress

There really is no other way to describe a dishwasher full of clean dishes for me. I see my sink full of dirty dishes and I'm ready to go to work - to get them all rinsed and loaded into the dishwasher.....until I open the dishwasher and see it full of clean dishes waiting to be put away. UGH!
It is a HUGE hinderance. It makes doing the dishes an overwhelming task somedays. I don't know why. It seems a little silly. (I feel the same way about laundry, though. I don't mind sorting and washing, but I hate folding and putting away.)

It is too much tonight. So I'll deal with it tomorrow, I guess. Since I know the dishes will just be waiting for me.


*Also an addendum to yesterday's post of the doorknob. I think I offended the owners of the home by implying that there was no desire to ever fix the broken doorknob. Let me just declare here that that was not the case. The appropriate parts/hardware for such an old door could never be located to fix it. And I'm sure any other number of needs for 7 children had to be met before a broken but usable doorknob reached very high on the priority list. So, my deepest apologies to the owners.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm with you. Unloading is almost always a kid job here. I wish they folded and put away their own laundry too! Need to work on that.

Marti said...

amen, amen, amen.