Thursday, April 1, 2010

Matt and Shawn's Excellent Adventure (I Hope)

This was the scene this morning, as Shawn and my brother Matt were getting ready to start their drive to Chicago. (Well, technically, Naperville, but it's all the same to me.) It was nice of Mother Nature to hold off on the snow all winter and save it for Matt's moving day. Nothing like driving a huge, packed truck while towing a fully packed car, on snow-slicked roads. And in case it wasn't going to be enough fun with just the two of them, they've got Matt's dog to ride up in the cab with them and keep them company.
To keep things interesting, they've got their mullets to wear at the truck stops and gas stations, for their "Mullets Across America Tour." (Although I'm not really sure what to call Matt's 'do.)
It looks good on him, don't you think?
Here's the crew just before take-off. I have to say, although I do have interest in going on a cross-country drive, this little set-up isn't quite what I have in mind. I want a bit less truck, a bit more comfort, and a lot less dog - as in, none. Hope you have fun, boys!
(Update: Last I heard, they had been sitting on I-80, outside Laramie, for over an hour waiting for the road to open. Makes you wish you had signed up to ride, doesn't it?)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

SHAWN. That is HOT.

Marsh Mayhem said...

Our poor boys! I'm glad they didn't leave until later ... any more time in Larramie would have constituted cruel and unusual punishment. Did they ever get out? I haven't heard from them!c