Monday, April 19, 2010

Want A Cool New Hairdo? Try An EEG

Have I ever mentioned that I love Primary Children's Hospital? Because I do. I have now had the opportunity to take 3 of my children there for various testing procedures. They always do such a great job. (It doesn't make me feel much better though, as my child looks at me wondering why I don't rescue them from the torture.) Today we had the opportunity to take Peter in for an EEG. (After the events of this night that prompted us to call the paramedics, and his repeat performance the next day at the doctor's office, our pediatrician decided to get him checked out just to be sure everything was OK.)
They put 27(?) electrodes all over his head. (He didn't like that so much.) And then wrapped his head in gauze so he looked like he had serious head trauma.
We all survived the fun relatively unscathed- except for Peter's hair. This is just after they had made an attempt to wipe all the goo out. He was pretty mad at that point, so they ended up leaving a bit of it in.
But after a little time in his car seat and playing outside, it just got better and better.
When the kids got home from school, they all asked me what I had done to Peter's hair. Looks pretty good, doesn't it?
They were all a little disappointed when I washed it before we went out to dinner tonight. But now I know, if you want a hair product with staying power, try some electrode gel!

5 comments:

Marsh Mayhem said...

Hold up ... WHAT HAPPENED!??!?!? I know nothing of this!!

Marti said...

Yeah, you didn't really elaborate on exactly what happened...?

Cool hair-do though. :-) Hope everything is okay!

Michelle said...

You should have left this for dinner. Even better, get some of that gel in Jonas' hair!

Rachel said...

That really is quite the hairdo. So, what's going on? I hope everything is okay with this little man!

KimberlyD said...

His hairdo fits right in with the other Stringham boys!