Thursday, April 29, 2010

Remind Me of the Date, Please

I'm pretty sure that today's date is April 29th, but you wouldn't know it by looking outside. It appears to be February. No signs of global warming here! I have a lot of words to say about all of the snow and cold, but they are all bad words, so I guess I will keep them to myself. I will have to look for inspiration elsewhere.
The snow may be doing damage outside, but I have my own little destructive force at work, inside. I literally just ran to get the phone after changing his diaper and he managed to empty an entire, just barely opened package of wipes.I had to put them in a different box because I couldn't get them to fit back in.
And here he is on the door of the dishwasher carefully removing all of the utensils and throwing them on the floor one at a time. I don't know if it's more frustrating that I had just put them in, or if I'm glad that they were dirty and needed to be washed anyway.

I don't have photos of the tupperware pulled out of the cupboards, or the toys pulled out of the closet and off of the shelves, etc., etc. Plus all of the other kids messes. I am very reluctantly coming to the realization that my house may never, ever be clean again. It is a battle I'm tired of fighting, especially since I am always losing it. It is beyond possible for me to keep up anymore. I need a serious attitude adjustment or at least some warmth and sunshine so I can sit outside and ignore the mess in here!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Amen. About the weather, and the losing battle with the house/kids, AND the need for an attitude adjustment. Maybe we should go to lunch and pretend like we're empty nesters, just so we can appreciate those messes. Let's make it lunch in San Diego, so we have some nice weather while we're at it.