Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Egg Hunt and Other Easter Information

This morning the kids were up and ready to go on the Egg Hunt. (I think it's wrong when you have to wear coats and trudge through the snow looking for eggs, but no one asked me.)
Hanging out on the porch waiting for the honk of the car horn indicating that it's time to start hunting.
It took Duffy a few minutes to warm up to the whole idea of picking up cold, snowy eggs, but she got there.
Amelia was lucky enough to have her search be right in our yard, so she didn't have to go far and managed to find plenty.
I didn't bother to follow Jonas and Samantha to their various hunting places, but they also managed to find enough. Then it was off to the Davis' for juice and muffins. I love this neighborhood!

In other Easter news:

I arrived home yesterday to find this huge dinosaur waiting for me on the front porch. (Thanks a whooooole bunch Matt and Jill.) Jonas kindly brought it inside.
It came complete with the bunny ears. (When the girls saw it, they exclaimed, "Oh, look! Bunny Ears!" and managed to ignore the fact that they were attached to a 4 foot dinosaur. - Typical girls.)
Last night, this is what the kids had done with the dinosaur:
A lovely little nest made from that darn plastic Easter grass and plastic eggs. (I don't even know where they found the grass. It's supposed to be banned from the house!)
Here is Samantha's sign that reads, "This is where Easter eggs come from."
And if you look closely at the dinosaur's posterior, you will see that he is about to lay an egg. (I guess technically, that would make it a she, but I keep finding myself referring to it as a he.)
So, now you know where Easter Eggs come from.

1 comment:

KimberlyD said...

Caroline believes that the dinosaur actually did lay the eggs pictured here!