Wednesday, September 12, 2012

This Time It's Personal

I'm always upset when I see destruction from floods and other things, but it's a little more painful when there's a personal tie to the area and people affected.  My heart goes out to all of my old neighbors in Santa Clara.  This flood essentially swept through our entire ward.  I've been looking at the pictures and saying, "Oh, no, that's so and so's house." It's devastating.

  I ran, walked, and biked on this very path all the time.

 None of the pictures I've seen actually show our old house, but that flooded field is the field that was right behind our backyard.  There's no way it was clear of the flood.

Our Santa Clara house has always been my favorite house that we have lived in.  I guess on one hand, I am glad to not be living in it at the moment, but it makes me so sad to think of it full of red mud and the whole yard wiped out.  I can't imagine the mess and the work it will take to get the neighborhood cleaned up and put back together.
Trying to send happy thoughts and prayers to all our old friends.