Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I've Been Dreading This Day...

After much anticipation on Peter's part, and much dread on my part, the first day of preschool is here.  Unlike with the other kids, I think Peter and I have both been perfectly happy to hang out here together.  I really toyed with the idea of just keeping him home for another year, but since everyone else has gone off to school all day, I know he was ready for something more.  
This just doesn't look like a kid who is upset to be going off somewhere without Mom, does it?
I dropped him off and he went running off without even looking back.  I had to ask him to come back and give me a hug and then I had to turn around and leave quickly before I mad a spectacle of myself with my crying.  Even though he's ready, I'm not so sure that I am.  So hard to watch my baby grow up and move on already!!

When I picked him up, he was glad to see me, and said, "Mom, I had fun at preschool!"  I'm happy for him and sad for me.  I'm sure that as we settle into a routine, this will get easier, but today at least, I really missed my little sidekick!  At least it's not kindergarten, right?


1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Here we go...entering next stage of life. He's darling!