Sunday, September 30, 2012

It's That Time of Year Again

I'm pretty sure Shawn has literally been counting down the days to the start of cyclocross season.  Lucky for him, it's here.  Saturday was the first race of the season and it was at Snowbird.  The fall leaves made the viewing spectacular!  Shawn doesn't get to race as a rookie this year, so he raced in the  "C" class.  Kind of nice, because now his races will be in the mornings instead of in the middle of the afternoon.
Everyone lining up at the start.



Once again, it's a little strange for me to see the ski resort and lifts with no snow.  It's hard to believe it will all be covered soon.








Hopping back on after lifting his bike over the barrier.

Carrying bikes up the hill...
I wish I had gotten more pictures of the beautiful fall scenery, but my camera was already telling me it was almost out of battery so I didn't dare to take too many extra pictures.
He finished and felt pretty good.  No flat tires, no falls, no crashes.  A success.  I'm sure next week will be even better when they aren't at 9,000 feet.  I still think he's a little crazy, but it is fun to watch.

No comments: