Saturday, August 25, 2012

Most of this last week of summer, my kids haven't been really interested in trying to cram activities in.  They've been pretty content to just hang around home and not do much.  That's been fine by me - a departure from our usual last week of summer routine, but no complaints from me about it.
On Thursday, I did rally the troops to go out for snow cones.  Samantha was at the pool with a friend, so we had Amelia's friend, Hallee stand in as a substitute.
On Friday, we decided to go to the Brigham City Temple Open House while we had the chance.  Peter sings the song, "I Love to See the Temple" mutliple times a day, so he was pretty excited.  He kept asking me if I was going to push his stroller, so I told him that they wouldn't let us take his stroller inside the temple.  He said, "We don't go inside the temple, Mom.  We just walk around outside."  Well, I guess that's mostly the norm from his point of view, so he was especially excited to know that he would get to go inside.
As usual with the temples, the building is beautiful both inside and out.

(We were not the only ones with the great idea of going to the temple on Friday night.)

These goofball kids.  I may have to start offering monetary rewards for them to just sit nicely and smile at the camera.

One with Mom and the kids.
And the whole family.  It was so hot.  We were all sweltering. 
You can just see the reflection of the tabernacle in the window here.

One of my favorite things about the temple grounds is always the flowers.

Everyone trying to get a view of the angel Moroni on top of the temple.


I was telling my kids how lucky they are to have the chance to go through multiple temples at their young age, since this is the 3rd temple to be built near us in just a few years.  I have very distinct memories of attending the Jordan River Temple dedication when I was 8, but that was the only one I had the chance to go to as a child.  Pretty remarkable how many temples my kids have the opportunity to see.
On our way back to the bus and then the car.  Jonas expressing his unhappiness about the end of summer - or maybe about the fact that we have to climb back into the toasty car (the air conditioner went out) and drive all the way back home in the heat.

No comments: