Sunday, August 5, 2012

Frosting Flowers

It's a well known fact around here that Samantha loves cake decorating.  She has spent a lot of time this week learning some new skills in preparation for a cake decorating day with Grandma Cathy.  Cathy took Samantha to Orson Gygi (I love that place) to choose frosting tips, a pastry bag and frosting.  She has been making frosting flowers ever since.
 That is some serious concentration.
 A couple of early attempts.
 You can see how her practice is paying off.  I was really impressed with these buttercream frosting flowers.

 After I don't know how many buttercream frosting flowers, she moved onto fondant flowers.  (We won't talk about how every surface in my house was covered with frosting.  We'll just focus on the skills learned.)  The finished product:
Maybe it's just me, but I think she may just have a future with this whole cake decorating thing.