Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Couple of Projects

Admittedly, this whole kids going back to school thing hasn't been ALL bad.  I have managed to do some cleaning and organizing that is impossible to do when they are all home.  I should have thought to take some before pictures, but was just too caught up in the mess at the time.  But believe me, this is a HUGE improvement.  The upstairs hall closet:

The desk drawer in the kitchen.  This was absolutely ridiculous.  It was crammed full of pens, pencils, markers and all sorts of odds and ends, and yet we could never actually find a working pen/pencil to write with.  That's all been taken care of.  No more excuses when it's homework time.

And the downstairs bathroom closet.

It makes me happy every time I open these closets or the drawer.  The pile of stuff to go to the DI is growing and the garbage cans are filling up.  It's awesome.  Unfortunately, there is a whole list of other such projects still waiting on the list.  When will the kids be out of school again?  June?  I wonder if 9 months will be enough time to get this whole house organized again.

No comments: