Thursday, March 31, 2011

Peter Turns 2!

There is something slightly painful about having your baby not be a baby anymore. (He's still a toddler - but not a baby.) Peter, though was so excited that it was finally his turn to wear the birthday hat and have presents.He was posing so proudly.


Unfortunately, we had a very busy day and there wasn't much time for celebrating. I took him in for his 2 year old pictures but didn't even have time to choose them before we had to go rushing home to slice a bunch of apples for Jonas' banquet at school and get Duffy's backpack. Then it was off to preschool and setting up the banquet. Then home to meet Grandma Judy who stayed with Peter so he could take a nap while I went back to the school for the festivities. When that was done, I grabbed Duffy and took Jonas home a little early so he could tend while I went to pick Amelia up and take her to a doctor's appointment -as seen below. (At least that wasn't painful because she absolutely adores Dr. Murray - as do I. We lucked out on finding her.) By the time we got home it was 5:15 and fortunately Samantha had gotten a ride to the play because I would have been late. Peter had about 15 minutes to spend opening his presents. (The poor kid had been walking past them all day saying "open it?" and I had to keep saying, "not yet." But at 5:15 I finally called Shawn and asked if it was OK for Peter to go ahead and open his presents because we needed to be at Samantha's school play by 6 and Shawn wasn't going to make it home before then. So, it was quick:
He was so happy to have presents and he wanted to stop and play with each one, but the older kids kept pushing the others in front of him because they didn't want to wait anymore either.


Yep, he even got a pillow pet. For the last several months, anytime we have gone to a store where he sees one, he insists on carrying it around and cuddling with it until it is time to put it back and leave. It was kind of pathetic, really.
We then rushed off to watch Samantha in her school play (Seussical, Jr.) which was lots of fun and very well done. Sorry, no pictures. I think I was so harried by that point in the day that it just slipped my mind. Finally, at about 8:30 - well past the usual bedtime, we stuck a candle in a scoop of ice cream for Peter to blow out. (How sad is that? No special birthday cake and Shawn and I both ran out of time to pick up cupcakes which was the adjusted plan. I guess it's good that he's only 2 and won't remember this.) In reality, I think he was just as happy with the candle in the ice cream since it's really about blowing out the flame.

Happy Birthday Peter!

Peter's 2 year old stats:
27. 4 pounds (43%)
33.0 inches (16%)

Still not a very big kid. He has short little legs and it makes me laugh to watch him run. It will be interesting to see if he will always be small.

No comments: