Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Somewhere along the way I think the purpose of St. Patrick's Day was maybe lost. I'm sure it is an important holiday for an important reason, but for us it's mostly about wearing green and eating Lucky Charms and chocolate coins. Besides, if we celebrate and "march forth" on March 4th, (which we do, although no photos this year) then of course we have to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.

The morning started out bright and early with the kids excited to find out if the leprechauns had come and what they had left. Along with the typical shamrocks and coins scattered around their rooms, everyone had a pair of socks. (The girls were very excited about this. Jonas? Not so much. Although he did think they were funny.)They also left a box of Lucky Charms in the kitchen. (Lucky for them because I certainly wouldn't buy them. I just have a crazy belief that you should eat something a little more than just marshmallows for breakfast. I know, I'm pretty out there with that one.) Samantha and Duff don't look the least bit excited about their breakfast but I promise they were. Duffy kind of looks like maybe someone stole her chocolate coins or something - which is a very real possibility. I'm sure their looks have something to do with the fact that they got up way too early. (Also apologies for the pictures. My camera won't take pictures with the flash which makes for poor lighting and bad pictures, but it's all I've got.)
Jonas counting up his booty. As usual, to keep the peace I had to collect all chocolate coins for disbursement at a later time and or date.
Peter was pretty excited to wake up to his treasures as well.
Counting his coins.
Kind of a freaky photo. But really, can you hand my kids a bunch of coins and not expect this?
Everyone displaying the happy socks. (Jonas promptly removed his.)
Originally, I had all sorts of plans for green foods but it turns out it is going to be one of those days. What with water polo practice, ballet, 2 high school water polo games and a Young Women's basketball game immediately after those, no one was actually going to be home for dinner tonight, so it will have to be something a little more transportable and we'll have to eat green another night.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love the socks! Wish our leprechans were that creative!