Monday, April 4, 2011

Conference Weekend

My sister in law, Michelle, and I decided it was time to try to even things up in our households a bit. See, our older children have nice baby books for the first year of their lives, but the youngest ones, well, we got busy, and things didn't go as planned in that department. I feel terrible every time Megan asks why she doesn't have a baby book. (My other kids look through their books regularly.) So we saw this open weekend (read no church) as an opportunity to make some progress on their books. We made a huge mess with stuff spread all over the table and the floor. (But since we left all the kids in Salt Lake, this wasn't a problem.) See - here we are hard at work:
The weather was beautiful. (I had a nice run in just shorts and a t-shirt. That hasn't happened in a loooong time.) We watched conference and some movies, didn't have to prepare meals or clean-up after anyone, and we accomplished quite a bit. I was even happier with my choice after seeing that this is what happened in Salt Lake:But even with all that said, probably the very best part of the weekend was pulling into the driveway at home and seeing Peter on the front porch. As soon as he saw me, his big blue eyes opened wide and his whole face lit up and he literally jumped up and down shouting, "Mom! Mom! Mom!" It was awesome. Nothing compares to that.

Meanwhile, back at home, Shawn provided a fun filled weekend for the kids. I believe cupcakes and frozen yogurt were involved, not to mention no practicing or homework. (He left that for me to deal with.) And they even made the regular Conference Sunday beignets. (And managed to save a few for me.) And of course, being the good guy that he is, he even took some pictures for me.






Can't complain about a weekend like that! And to top it all off, I came home to a house that had been scrubbed clean from top to bottom. Really, floors, dusting, toilets, everything! Shawn is so awesome. He knew that getting that done before leaving for our trip in a couple of days, was a high priority for me. Well worth the weekend away.

No comments: