Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy Things

One thing that I hope for all of my children is that they will love to read. The house is full of books - including numerous bookcases full of easily accessible children's books. Plus, I give them plenty of opportunities to see me read, and we go to the library frequently. So far things look pretty good with most of them. They all love (or have loved) being read to, and seem to enjoy reading just for fun. So, it just does my heart good to see this:This is Peter at naptime. He loves to take a book to bed with him and spend time looking at it before going to sleep. He will also just sit on the floor and flip through pages of several books. (And it's also awesome that I can actually walk into his room and walk back out without him freaking out and wanting to get out of bed. Not a common theme with all of my kids.)
And another lovely person in my life:
Yep, she actually went to school like this. (Except maybe the purple leopard cat ears. Even she may have some limits to what she'll wear in public.) And she gets upset if Amelia carries a Blue's Clues umbrella or wears something a little strange that someone might see when they walk together. Go figure. That's my Samantha - always keeping us smiling.

1 comment:

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Hey! You won The Idea Room's Disney on Ice giveaway. Let me know your address asap. I need to send you the ticket vouchers so you can exchange them at the box office for actual tickets to the shows this weekend!! Congratulations!