Tuesday, March 29, 2011

SEVEN!!!

Birthday week continues. Despite my begging, my kids all keep deciding to have birthdays and get older. Amelia turned 7 today. It makes me sad, but it is also fun to see the person that she is becoming. Unlike others of my children (say, Samantha for instance,) who provide me with an ongoing list of things they would like to have for their birthdays (or other relevant holidays), when I asked Amelia what she wanted, she said, "You pick, Mom." Well, that makes it easy.
Usually on their birthdays, the kids wake up to find all their presents wrapped, but poor Amelia thought she didn't have any because I had gone to bed with a terrible migraine and didn't get it done. So I locked her out of my room and wrapped them quickly this morning. The birthday girl:
And finally, some presents.
She chose to unwrap 2 before school because she just couldn't wait.

As always, there are siblings close by to "help" out and monitor the unwrapping.

After school, Amelia and I went to Barnes and Noble for a cupcake. (Free for the birthday child when you sign up for the kids club - which is also free. Good stuff to know.)
Then we went to the library to get her her very own library card. (She has been begging for one for a couple of years.)
She was thrilled to get to check out books all by herself with her very own card. (All of the kids cards live in my wallet - otherwise we'd never be able to find them when we need them.)
Then it was home for dinner and more present opening. Peter got to open one, too, since Grandma stopped by tonight but won't be back on Thursday.
Once again, intense interest from the siblings.


Amelia chose a ladybug cake this year.

Happy birthday to a sweet girl!
Do you think Peter will notice if he doesn't get a birthday cake? All this cake making gets a little time intensive.

No comments: